These ‘General Terms and Conditions’ apply to every reservation with “De Drie Koningen”. The guest declares to have knowledge of these conditions and house rules by making the reservation, to accept them and to adhere to them.
The guest acts on behalf of the entire company accompanying him or her (hereinafter “guest”) when using an apartment in “De Drie Koningen”.
Making a reservation
1. A guest can only make a reservation via the reservation form on this website of “De Drie Koningen”. We cannot accept reservations by email or phone.
2. When making a reservation, we ask the guest for a number of personal and identity details such as the duration and period of the stay, name, address, telephone number, e-mail address. We also ask you to provide a credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express) through which future payments will be made.
3. We reserve the right to refuse a booking if we believe that the rental is not in accordance with the function of ‘holiday home’, if we believe that the rental conditions are being violated or if we believe that the guest is unable to comply with the lease. We will inform the guest within 24 hours after booking.
4. Each apartment has a maximum capacity. The number of guests staying in the apartment may not exceed this maximum for safety and insurance reasons. The guest therefore specifies in advance how many guests (including children) will be staying in the apartment.
5. We are happy to accommodate any reasonable request from the guest to deviate from the provisions, if possible.
Price and payments
1. The rental price is the price stated by our booking engine during the reservation process. We will confirm this price in our confirmation by e-mail.
2. The rental price includes:
– the rent for the stay in the apartment
– the normal consumption of water, gas, heating and electricity
– bed linen and duvets (synthetic)
– 1 towel set per person (bath towel and towel)
– normal cleaning
– household products (dishwasher tablets, detergents, cleaning products ..)
– toilet paper
– VAT (6%).
3. The rent does not include the rent for the use of the garages, additional services or products.
4. The guest does not have to make a deposit or pay a deposit.
5. The guest pays the total rental price and any additional costs at check out.
He will receive an invoice overview by e-mail the day before check-out with a link to pay online with a credit card (Mastercard, Visa or American Express).
6. The guest is liable for any breakages or damage caused to the home. All costs resulting from repairs or replacement are payable at the end of the stay. The guest must therefore report any damage or breakage to part of the property or equipment as soon as possible.
7. Even after checking out, the “De Drie Koningen” can still make damage claims. We reserve the right to provide the guest with an invoice no later than 7 working days after check-out. The guest agrees that “De Drie Koningen” can recover any amount due via the credit card.
Cancellations and modifications
1. In case of cancellation by the guest, the guest will send us an email as soon as possible with the request to cancel the booking. The date of the e-mail determines which cancellation conditions we will observe.
2. We treat the rebooking (change of start and end date) of a reservation just like a cancellation.
3. If the guest cancels, we apply the following conditions:
– cancellations (or rebooking) more than 14 days before the start of the rental period: we give total discharge.
– cancellations (or rebooking) less than 14 days before the start of the rental period: we charge 50% of the total rent and give a discharge for the remaining 50%.
– in case of a no-show: we charge 100% of the total rent.
4. If due to unforeseen circumstances (fire, flooding, …) we are unable to fulfill our contractual obligations and consequently the guest cannot use the apartment, we can proceed with immediate cancellation of the booking or termination of the lease. We hereby repay any previous payments made or adjust the rent proportionately. In that case we will also make all reasonable efforts that can be expected from us to find a solution for the guest. However, the guest cannot claim compensation.
5. Unforeseen circumstances outside the sphere of influence of “De Drie Koningen” (strikes, terrorism, pandemics,…) are no basis or right to cancel free of charge. There is a matter of force majeure and in that kind of situation our cancellation conditions apply. The guest will receive an invoice from this which he can enter into his travel insurance. We therefore advise our guests to always take a cancellation insurance or travel insurance to recover any cancellation costs.
Check in and check out
1. Check in is provided from 3:00 PM. The planned arrival time will be stated in the reservation. However, this is not binding, but only an indication for our cleaning team.
2. Two days before check-in, the guest will receive all instructions and the access code for the main entrance and the apartment. The code for both entrances is the same and is active throughout the entire stay. By using a code, the guest can check in at any time of the day. The guest therefore does not have to notify us.
3. The guest must check out at 10:00 AM at the latest.
4. Only after prior agreement can be deviated from this regulation.
5. If the guest does not comply with the planned time of check out, the guest may be charged an additional fee equal to 1 day’s stay.
6. The guest leaves the apartment in the same condition in which he found it. This means, among other things, that:
– the dishes are done and emptied
– garbage / empty bottles were collected in the containers in our garage
7. If the apartments have not been left in an orderly condition, we are unfortunately forced to charge extra cleaning costs.
8. We have a storage room at the reception to store luggage for early arrivals or late departures.
1. “De Drie Koningen” will do everything in its reasonable power to ensure that the guest’s stay proceeds in a safe and pleasant manner in accordance with the reservation.
2. “De Drie Koningen” is in no way responsible for the loss or damage of the guest’s property left in the apartment during or even after the stay.
3. The guest knows that “De Drie Koningen” only offers accommodation in which he temporarily stays and that he can use the services of “De Drie Koningen”. If the use or service would be faulty or incorrect, causing nuisance or damage to the guest’s occupational area, ‘De Drie Koningen’ is not liable for this (for example, damage caused by loss of data, loss of profit, personnel costs, loss of an opportunity, third party complaints and attorney fees).
1. ‘De Drie Koningen’ processes the guest’s personal data in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
2. ‘De Drie Koningen’ collects and processes the guest’s personal data (name, first name, address and contact details, e-mail address), for marketing purposes, statistical analysis, for customer management (including administration, invoicing, sending newsletters) and to combat money laundering and terrorist financing.
3. The guest consents to this processing and also agrees to receive newsletters, commercial messages and electronic correspondence from “De Drie Koningen”.
4. ‘De Drie Koningen’ processes the personal data on the basis of Article 6.1 (a) (since the guest has given his explicit consent to the processing by subscribing to these General Terms and Conditions) and Article 6.1 (b) (since the processing is sometimes necessary will be for the legitimate interest of doing business).
5. Insofar as the processing of the personal data only takes place on the basis of Article 6.1 (a) (permission), the guest always has the right to withdraw the given permission.
6. The guest is at all times entitled to inspect his personal data and can correct them or have them corrected if they are incorrect or incomplete. The guest can also – under certain conditions – have the personal data deleted, have its processing limited and object to the processing of the personal data concerned on the basis of Article 6.1.
7. To exercise the above rights, the guest is requested to send an email to email@example.com. The guest has the right to object free of charge to any processing of his personal data with a view to direct marketing.
1. These General Terms and Conditions cannot affect the guest’s rights as a consumer under Belgian law.
2. The rights and obligations held by “The Three Kings” under this Agreement may be transferred by them.
3. “The Three Kings” reserves the right to amend and revise these Terms and Conditions on a regular basis.
4. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision in these Terms and Conditions will not result in the invalidity or unenforceability of any other condition or of the entirety of the Terms and Conditions.
5. The General Terms and Conditions have been drawn up in accordance with Belgian law. The competent courts in Bruges will settle any dispute arising from or in connection with these General Terms and Conditions.